Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Money Money Money - Never Say Die

This morning, I left home without breakfast to have a 'look see - look see' at the Maybank nearby my house, then the post office.

Yes, I was being kaypoh, to my best interest. Why? because today something is driving the inflation beaten Malaysian going buying spree, not your Jusco member sales, its AWS2020 units offers. The two places I went kaypoh-ing is the selling agents.

I have heard about how overwhelming subscription response to the Amanah Saham X and how people willing to camp and queue up in godly hour outside of the bank, only to find out all units out after waiting for 2 hours since opening. Before today, I have never thought to be part of the money smart circle, not that I am rich, but knowing my nest egg is so little that do not warrant me to be one of the early bird. Also, I didn't think I would stood a chance compare with the buaya darat who are influence enough to hijack the system with their endless cash so that the rich get richer, leaving people like me high and dry.

But this time, my heart got itchy. After years of 'jobless' at home and missing out on annual bonus for more than 5 years, my bank account is so redundant like forever. Then a friend called up to say he is going to try this time, but save the trouble of getting up early. That statement stirred my heart again. Why not? I have time on my side when others trade a day off to try while I already on leave everyday anyway. So I thought I wanted to try, I thought. But I was sceptical too.

Up to this morning I didn't even get my little investment amount ready. I drove to the two places with only RM50 in my wallet. It was 8.15am, right out side the walk way of national taikor Maybank, a long queue for more than 20 peoples already in place. Then I went to the post office, there is a line of 10 peoples waiting for the door to open. That scene encouraged me, off I parked and went withdrew some money from nearby bank. By the time I came back to the post office the door was open and everyone was inside. Got a number, filled up form and waited until 9.30am, the official time for ASW2020 on sales. I guessed I was one of the 1st 15 people (the numbering system was quite confusing as there were other business in post office). The 1st customer was an auntie. Apparently the system was congested and slow, by the time 10.30am she was still standing in front of the officer who tried to 'poke' his fingers on the keyboard at the same time mumbled something about the system. Some people left thinking of slim chance. As its about time my boy finished lesson, I left dissatisfied too. All my effort. My first attempt. Silly me to think to try. I didn't even ever managed to grab any free or cheap tickets online from Airasia or MAS. Turned around saw the 4-ekor next door, went in to buy a RM1 'angkong ji' hope to think at least I accomplished something....

Come back feeling hot and hungry, all I wanted to do was to have a cuppa coffee and grabbed a bite. At the same time I felt just discontented because I was charged withdrawal service fee this morning. Investment and money don't come never mind but account got debited instead. Starting to curse the buaya darat, cicak, big shark of the lots then my friend sms-ed that the system was up and he finally got it. WAH!!!!!! I felt so much heartsick for being charged the RM1 withdrawal service fee for nothing. This time with burning heart I decided to check at post office again. And guess what, I was attended to within 5 minutes I reached there, as I enquired if my number was called just now. Bravo to the officer, and bravo to my heartsick of the RM1 charge for the withdrawal. See how this woman's bullock cartwheel size RM1 did wonder.

Never say die. Though tiny amount of investment, but I GOT ASW2020 ler....... If I strike 4-ekor tonite, I will be laughing all the way to the bank, for a RM1 bet.

No comments: